Situated in the heart of the Lake District, a national park in the North West of England, Linthwaite is an ideal venue for Exclusive Use Weddings.
Taking this option allows you to hire your very own country house hotel, enabling complete freedom and flexibility with your timing and thus allowing for an enchanting 'house party' feeling.
Included within the Exclusive Use:
- Sole use of the hotel and its surrounding 14 acres from 12.30pm on the day of the Exclusive Use booking until 11.00am on the day of departure. We do not take any other booking or visitors in our grounds, so you are guaranteed your very own exclusive use country house hotel for your wedding.
- Accommodation in 30 bedrooms for up to 60 people.
- Full buffet breakfast (including a full English selection as well as continental style) for up to 60 people
- Wedding breakfast dinner (including canapés, first course, main course, dessert course, coffee and petit fours) for up to 60 people
- Use of the ceremony room
- A pedestal and table arrangement of flowers (to tie in with your own personal colour scheme)
- Use of the hotels cake stand and knife
- Two-night stays include an informal meal on the first night in addition to the above
As the Exclusive Use rate covers all accommodation, you may want to consider asking your guests to contribute towards the cost of their accommodation in order to make Exclusive Use hire a viable option. In our experience, we find that guests are more than happy to finance their own hotel bill, especially if it enables the bride and groom to stage their dream wedding in the perfect setting.
The Wedding Ceremony
We are licensed for both civil ceremonies and civil partnerships and these can take place in either our stunning Billiard room which overlooks the extensive gardens of Linthwaite or for smaller ceremonies in our Boardroom.
The ceremony room hire charge includes one pedestal and one table arrangement of flowers (to tie in with your own personal colour scheme).
The ceremony will be conducted by our local Registrars, who must be contacted directly by the bride and groom before confirming dates and times here at Linthwaite. (The civil ceremony usually lasts no more than 30 minutes).
Sue Oliver, the Superintendent Registrar for Kendal can be contacted on 01539 713567. All arrangements should be made directly with the Registrar and all registrar fees are payable directly to them.
Taking the hotel exclusively means you and your guests can enjoy all 30 individually designed bedrooms
For the bride, why not spend your final night as a single woman in our luxurious Loft Suite
, while we keep your groom tucked up somewhere else in the hotel - just for the one night! And be joined by him on your wedding night...
We have a
wedding guide explaining logistics, menus etc., so please click here to
download our Wedding Pack
or feel free to phone the hotel to speak with
our Wedding Co-ordinator, Kate Thomas on 015394 88600. You can also
email Kate at the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
so that further details can be sent out to you as required.